Articles on Eschatology
Many of the articles below are summaries from my book CHRISTIAN HOPE THROUGH FULFILLED PROPHECY (Available at Amazon.com) Also notice the Index of Topics shown on the upper right hand part of this page (if on a desktop) or go to the home page and scroll down here (if you are on a smartphone): https://www.prophecyquestions.com.
Note: These articles are in PDF format. You can enlarge the font by clicking on the plus (+) tab on the bottom of the article. Then, double click on the size you want–100% usually works best on a smart phone.
Articles by Charles Meek:
A. THE BASICS:
- How to Interpret the Bible
- Preterism: What’s Different, What’s the Same?
- Why I Became a Preterist
- Were the Writers of the New Testament Preterists?
- What Is Evangelical Preterism?
- Bible Prophecy Introduction (“Cliff Notes” Version)
- Ten Tips on Understanding Bible Prophecy
- What is the “Eschaton”
- What Are the Biblical Last Days (Part 1)
- What Are the Biblical Last Days? (Part 2)
- Biblical Last Days: A Summary
- End Times Bible Study
- Whom Should We Trust?
- What Is a Coming of God?
- Coming on Clouds
- The Futurist’s Big Dilemma
- Second Coming Bible Study
- Preterism 101: List of Prophetic Imminence Passages
- History of False Prophets among Our Christian Brothers
- 1948 and False Prophecies
- What Does the Bible Say about the Nature of the Second Coming?
- What Does the Bible Say about the Timing of the Second Coming?
- When Was the Olivet Discourse Fulfilled?
- The Great Apostasy Fulfilled
- Apocalyptic Language of Scripture
- What Is the Kingdom of Heaven?
- Day or the Hour — and — Day as a Thousand Years
- Parable of the Wedding Feast
- What is a Biblical Generation?
- This Generation
- “This Generation” According to Scholars
- Changing of the Covenants
- Confusing the New Covenant with the Old Covenant
- Abomination of Desolation
- Days of Vengeance
- Twisting Scripture
- Defending the Faith: Why Proper Eschatology Is Important
B. MORE DETAILS INCLUDING REVELATION AND OTHER IMPORTANT CONCEPTS:
- No More Tears, Death, or Suffering
- Revelation: Its Central Theme Illuminated
- “Soon” in Revelation
- Is Jesus Always Coming “Soon?”
- Revelation: Questions and Answers
- Who is the Harlot Babylon of Revelation?
- What Was Armageddon?
- Who Is the Beast of Revelation?
- What is the “Mark of the Beast?”
- Who Were the 144,000 of Revelation?
- Twenty Evidences Why Revelation Was Written before AD 70
- What Is the Millennium?
- When Was (Is) the Great Tribulation?
- Who Is the Antichrist?
- The Day of the Lord
- A Dozen Reasons Why 2 Peter 3 Is Not About Planet Destruction
- What Is the New Heaven and New Earth?
- Ten Clues to Understanding the New Heaven and New Earth
- What Is the Rapture?
- Pre-Tribulation Rapture Questions
- Matthew 24/25 Compared To Thessalonians
- What is the New Jerusalem?
- The Crushing of Satan
- Introduction to the Book of Daniel
- Daniel’s 70 Weeks Fulfilled
- Dispensationalism, Antichrist and Daniel’s 70 Weeks
- The General Resurrection of the Dead
- Two Resurrections
- Why Acts 1 Does Not Predict a Bodily Return of Christ
- Every Eye Will See Him (Revelation 1:7)
- Already but Not Yet
- Melding Old and New Testament Judgment Prophecy
- Israel and the Demise of Dispensationalism
- Who is the Israel of God?
- Man of Lawlessness
- Zechariah Fulfilled
- 7 Reasons a Rebuilt Temple Is Not Biblical
- Ezekiel’s Temple
- Were God’s Promises to Israel Forever?
C. ALTERNATIVE VIEWS AND IMPLICATIONS:
- A Critical Examination of Dispensationalism
- Dispensationalism’s Five Biggest Errors
- Dispensationalism Explained
- Dispensationalism: King of Kings
- Dispensationalism: Where Hal Lindsey Went Wrong
- What Is Partial Preterism?
- How Many Second Comings? Partial Preterist Confusion
- Completed Redemption AD 70
- Preterism and the Early Church
- Were the Writers of the New Testament Preterists?
- What the Early Church thought about Daniel’s 70th Week
- Why Isn’t the Preterist View More Prevalent?
- If the Parousia Was in AD 70, Why is There no Written Record?
- Revelation and the First Century, book Review of Gumerlock
- What Is Hyper-Preterism?
- Quotes of Hyper-Preterists
- Sin, Law, and Judgment in the New Covenant
- Preterist and Futurist Universalism Refuted
- Salvation to Heaven after AD 70
- Heaven Questions and Answers
- The Lord’s Supper after AD 70
- The Preterist-Idealist View
- The Personhood View of the Resurrection
- Why I Am Skeptical of the CBV View of Resurrection
- The Corporate Body View vs. Covenant Eschatology
- The Preterist and the Institutional Church
- The Soul and the Afterlife
- Speaking In Tongues: A Preterist Perspective
- What is Covenant Creationism?
- “Soon” in the Old Testament
- The Gathering
- Will Jesus Physically Reign on Earth?
- What’s Left for Us?
D. BIBLIANO AND AMIGO: DISCUSSIONS ON ESCHATOLOGY
- Coming on Clouds
- Last Days
- New Heaven and New Earth
- Burning Elements
- New Heaven and New Earth in Revelation
- Second Coming
- Understanding Biblical Judgment Language
- Coming in His Kingdom
- Benefits of the Second Coming
(The above articles might be revised from time to time.)
Articles by other authors:
Introduction to Preterism by David Curtis and Richard Anthony
Why Preterism Is Important by Robert Cruickshank
What Is a Coming of God? (Part 1) by Riley O’Brien Powell
What Is a Coming of God? (Part 2) by Riley O’Brien Powell
What is a Coming of God? (Part 3) by Riley O’Brien Powell
What is a Coming of God? (Part 4) by Riley O’Brien Powell
CBV (Part 1) by Edward E. Stevens
CBV (Part 2) by Edward E. Stevens
Dating of the New Testament by Edward E. Stevens
What Did They See above Jerusalem? by Edward E. Stevensb
Man of Lawlessness (Part 1) by Edward E. Stevens
Man Of Lawlessness (Part 2) by Edward E. Stevens
The Big Three Eschatological Questions by Edward E. Stevens
The Ascension (Acts 1:9-11) by Joseph Vincent
How Heaven and Earth Passed Away by David Curtis
Miraculous Gifts of the Holy Spirit by Jim Reeves
Daniel’s 70 Weeks by David Green
Revelation is Ezekiel by Jonathan Welton
Does the Bible Predict that There Will Be a Future Rebuilt Temple? by Gary DeMar
Should Christians Still Believe in the “Rapture”? by Gary DeMar
What Do the Time Statements in Revelation Mean? by Kenneth Gentry
Does the Temple Need to Be Rebuilt? by Gary DeMar
The Jewish Temple in Contemporary Christian Zionism by Alexander and Gathercole
Was Preterism Invented by the Jesuits? by Gary DeMar
The Coming of Christ and the Millennium by Stephen Kline
How Could We Have Missed the Second Coming? by Stephen Kline
A Study on 1 John 2:28-3:12 by T. Everett Denton
Objections to John’s Nearness Statements in Revelation by Kenneth Gentry, Jr.
You’ve Got to be Kidding by Brian Martin
Olivet Discourse by Jeff Durbin
Intro to Preterism by Joe Garnett
Introduction to Fulfilled Eschatology by Dan Dery
I will continue to add articles, so check back!
You are invited to see reviews and details of my book CHRISTIAN HOPE THROUGH FULFILLED PROPHECY at
Also, to learn more about apologetics, theology, and eschatology, check out my websites listed below and “like” them if you can! (To receive all of our posts in the future at Facebook, hover over the “Liked” symbol and click on “Get Notifications.”)
Readers are also invited to offer your feedback to these articles. I especially appreciate any suggestions for improvement. These articles may be updated and revised from time to time. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.
Thanks a million for the articles. Am on them now. Would get back to u soonest. God bless you.
Heart felt thanks for the Articles on Eschatology, Am going through them and understanding the fulfilled prophecies, God bless you and the work.
Very interesting reading.
I don’t agree with a lot of what is present here so far, but I absolutely am excited for the chance to learn and understand more about what others in my life believe; moreover, I intend to read through and study objectively and with full intellectual honesty. It will either convince me, or allow me to make a stronger case for what believe- But one way or another, with the Holy Spirit as my guide, these resources will most certainly aid in making me a stronger Christian.